Money can be a difficult issue to face head-on. Financial worries can create stress and fear.
This site offers practical tips and helpful information to move beyond this fear and frustration and get you feeling confident about taking the next step toward securing your financial future. In addition to basic information provided about how and why to save and invest, see below for more information about national and state-based resources that might relate to your life situation in Louisiana.
Below are sections and links that we think might particularly interest or concern you as a Louisiana citizen. If you decide you want to explore the site before using this information, just click the back button on your browser to go back to the main page.
Q: Where should I start if there is something of particular concern to me?
A: Good question. You can look at the navigational bar listings on the right or left sides of the site pages to see if we address issues of particular importance to you. Many visitors start on the main page, and decide from there what they want to learn about. Or perhaps one of the following areas might be helpful:
- Why should I care about saving?
- Why should I care about my credit?
- I want to see how other people might handle a situation similar to mine.
- I need to figure out what budgets and budgeting are all about.
- I want to know more about various financial professionals and how to think about what kind of professional financial help I need
Q: I’ve recently experienced a sudden change in my life. Where can I go to get help?
A: We created www.unwantedchange.org and www.cambiosinesperados.org to provide people with practical help and encouragement when they've faced the unexpected loss of a spouse or a job. You will also find tools there to help you get a handle on the financial situation you now face.
Q: I want to read this for help with my personal finances, but I am also thinking about starting my own business. Where can I get that help?
A: Good for you! This site will give you basic building blocks to manage your personal finance but not information or help on starting your own business. Try:
- Small Business Administration’s Louisiana--New Orleans District--Office
- Score.org, which has chapters throughout Louisiana
- Louisiana Department of Economic Development—Business Assistance and the Small and Emerging Business Development Departments
I need information on government services available in Louisiana related to my personal financial situation.